October 1, 2011

The Glue That Holds Us Together

Life can take us by surprise. One minute we're feeling put together and on top of the world then a moment later things seem to fall apart. My heart often feels that way. It often feels broken and in need of serious gluing to keep it all together. While I was working on the finishing touches of a cake this morning, God gave me a clear image of what goes on daily in our hearts. This cake had been going so well and I was finished hours before it's delivery time when the arm of one of the gumpaste figures broke in half. I ran to get the glue and carefully held her arm on, putting this task as my priority. I would stand there as long as it took for the glue to take hold of the broken pieces of her arm.

We live in a sinful world, full of brokeness. There is joy, thank you Lord for that, but each one of us will experience brokeness; that's a guarantee. My heart is broken today and it feels beyond repair. I rejoice that God is there, he sees my broken state and as I write he's putting glue on the broken pieces of my heart and holding it together for me as long as it takes for healing to take place. Brokeness was never God's plan for us, but he'll be there everytime to glue us back together.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope. Then you will call upon me and aI will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.


Mixing Tylose Powder Glue



You will need:

Tylose powder
Warm water
Small container for storing glue
Tablespoon
1/4 teaspoon



Tylose is a gum powder and when used in fondant, produces the product gum paste. This particular form of gum, can be used to make edible glue. Keep the glue mixture stored in the refrigerator and it will last months (bad when it smells or looks cloudy). This particular bottle is a 2 oz bottle and if just used for glue, will last a long time.







To make glue, place 2 tablespoons of warm water into your container and add in 1/4 teaspoon of
Tylose powder.




Give the mixture a little stir (2 or 3). It will look like a mess! Put the lid on your container and place in refrigerator overnight.






As it sets, the mixture becomes clear. Use to adhere fondant or gumpaste pieces together. Glue will dry clear and works great in humidity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment